Can't docker pull 2.2.0p10

CMK version:
2.2.0p8

OS version:
Debian Bookworm

Error message:
unexpected EOF

Just tried pulling 2.2.0p8 but am getting unexpected EOF. 2.2.0p7 pulls down fine, do I just need to wait a bit longer after the announcement email?

Cheers,
Rich

Which Checkmk edition are you using?

@mschlenker Enterprise (so from registry.checkmk.com/enterprise/check-mk-enterprise:2.2.0p8)

We can confirm, we are investigating.

1 Like

Thanks for reporting this topic @pn-rallen , we can confirm that the 2.2.0p8 images have been fixed on our registry side.
If there are further issues, please leave a short notice :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi @mschlenker @jonas,

Unfortunately this issue seems to have reccurred with 2.2.0p10, please can you take a look?

Cheers

Jonas is working on it.

1 Like

Thank you again for reporting the error (again)!

We have fixed the problem again. We will strengthen our countermeasures to prevent this issue from happening a third time. I additionally explicitly checked everything to be available as I remember your post, but you know “it worked on my machine” :smiley:

1 Like

@jonas thanks again to you, that’s worked :slight_smile:

@jonas same again for p11 I’m afraid :frowning:

Yes, we’re aware and investigating. Still not sure about the root cause.

1 Like

… and round #3: the docker pull should work now again. we got rid of the broken layer in our registry - but we still don’t know why & how it got broken. so I am afraid the next release may have the same issue again. we keep you posted in case we find something!

1 Like

@Timi same again I’m afraid :frowning:

yes - we did our classique fix up yesterday, should be possible again. Available for all suggestions/hints regarding the actual bug :slight_smile:

Checkmk 2.2.0p10 is also unavailable on the download archive. Maybe it was withdrawn due to a severe bug?

p10 was withdrawn due to a bug that had performance implications on some installations (extreme cases saw tripled CPU utilization).

@Timi Sadly this has recurred with p21 :frowning:

I am really sorry, we really thought, we fixed it. We’re on it thanks…

1 Like

… and it seems our previous fix-ups are not working anymore. I keep you posted as soon as we have more insights!

1 Like

Hi @pn-rallen the docker images for 2.2.0p21 should now be pull able.
I learned some stuff during (another) deep investigation but it is still unclear to me what exactly caused the issue. I have now a test in place which checks if the images can be pulled before an official release so I hope I will be faster next time as you in reporting (and fixing) :slight_smile:

1 Like