Can't find recurring scheduled downtimes

CMK version: Checkmk Enterprise Edition 2.1.0p15
OS version: Ubuntu LTS 20.04

Hi everyone,

I want to edit a previously added recurring scheduled downtime, but the list of scheduled downtimes is empty → Monitor > Overview > Scheduled downtimes

I can review the the historic downtime events of that specific service and I know that it’s working because I’m getting notifications about start/end of that downtime.

Does anybody know where I can find and edit the downtime which I obviously configured some time ago? :wink:

regards
Tim

Search for “Recurring downtimes” in the Setup.

sorry, I forgot to mention that there are no configured “Recurring downtimes” rules yet

Open the Service > got to Menu “Service” > open “Downtime of services”. For the host please use the corresponding menue under host.

grafik

AFAIK you shold see here all active and upcomming downtimes for the particular Service/Host.

I guess it’s not a configured recurring downtime (via ruleset). Instead it might have been created by “command”, i.e. by checking the “Repeat this downtime on a regular basis” checkbox when issuing a “normal” downtime.

it’s empty!

but the Historic downtimes show that it’s still working…

yes, that is possible :wink: but still, I don’t know how to remove the downtime

Can I find it somewhere in “etc/check_mk/conf.d/wato/” ?

As long as you cannot display it, I have no idea how to remove it.

AFAIK, a downtime which is set via command (instead of configuration = ruleset) is not part of the configuration and thus not found below the etc/check_mk/conf.d/wato/ directory, but is held in the state of the core (Nagios or CMC). Not sure how to act on that (or even check on it) if it’s not shown in the normal UI.

Something strange about the core’s state … I assume you have already restartet the site?

Thanks for explaining in detail! No I did not try to restart the site yet, I’ll will give that a try…
I thought I was not able to use the UI correctly :blush:

Restarting the site (or at least the core) is surely worth a try.
But I wouldn’t bet on it to help in this case, since the core (of course) retains its state via restarts.

It is saved in a state file, AFAIK var/check_mk/core/state.pb – but that’s binary, I’m afraid, and I have no idea about the format.

Just an idea:
Maybe use livstatus to gather downtime data. The tables service or downtime may provide the raw data.
And then use DEL_SVC_DOWNTIME
https://assets.nagios.com/downloads/nagioscore/docs/externalcmds/cmdinfo.php?command_id=126
Just a shot in the dark :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.