Certificate verify failed: unable to get issuer

CMK version: 2.2.0p12
OS version: Debian 12 64bit

Error message:

root@test22:~# cmk-update-agent register
Using previous settings from /etc/cmk-update-agent.state.
Our host name in the monitoring:
test22

User with registration permissions:
cmkadmin

Password:

HTTPSConnectionPool(host=‘checkmk.example.io’, port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /main/check_mk/login.py (Caused by SSLError(SSLCertVerificationError(1, ‘[ SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed: unable to get issuer certificate (_ssl.c:1076)’)))
See syslog or Logfile at /var/lib/check_mk_agent/cmk-update-agent.log for details.

Hello,
im new with checkmk and maybe someone can help me. I secured my CheckMK (Test) with a Let’s Encrypt (LE) certificate. I used fullchain.pem and privkey.pem for the apache configuration. GUI with LE certificate works without problems.
Now i configured update via HTTPS and enable Certificates for HTTPS verification. I tried fullchain.pem and chain.pem, both not working. I also tried ISRG Root X1 (.pem) and Let’s Encrypt R3 (.pem) from Chain of Trust - Let's Encrypt . I dont know what is wrong, but i get the above Error-Message. Without Certificates for HTTPS verification, my agents-update works without problems.
Which file/content i have to upload/paste to fix this problem?

Thank you for your time :slight_smile:

My configuration:

regards
Pedi

This is the root CA certificate that should be used in the updater configuration. Make sure that the webserver really hands out the rest of the certificate chain.

Thank you, i reinstalled my agents and it works now.

–Closed–