Check_icmp: No hosts to check - but host isn't configured as No IP. How to remove the alert?

Hi,

I have a host that isn’t monitored via ICMP but has an Unknown Service check result against the Host, and i can’t see how to remove it as its not obvious.

Has anyone also seen this before?

Can you provide a small screenshot how das the error looks like?
Is this error from the host check command or is this a single ping service as this host has no other services?

I suppose the question is more how do you trace back to find where any stale/incorrect associations are introduced from, so you can delete/disassociate from the host.

The ping check is there as the host has no other services. If you have some manual configured active check then the ping check will be gone.
How does the host configuration looks like?

I have a custom TCP host check for my host, which is working fine as its not pingable so is showing as UP as a result. BUT i can’t find how to get rid of the PING Service check for the host and i’ve just spent 2 hours and still no wiser.

You need to have a minimum of one service on this host then the ping will be gone.
The easiest would be to make the same active check you use for the host state also as a service on this host. Or some other active checks like an HTTP/S or SSH check. It depends on what this host has as an available service.

Yeah…i sorted it out by applying a check_dummy service to it, which then removed the default ping. Then i created an associated host label in the rule to match hosts with the label applied to them.

I must say though…CheckMK can be hard work at times due to the number of menus, as compared to the simplicity of Nagios.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact @fayepal if you think this should be re-opened.