Check_MK and Check_MK Discovery failing [agent] time out

I’ve just started evaluating checkmk and have only configured two switches. I’m kinda hung up now though because the switches are throwing errors I don’t understand. It looks like checkmk is trying to find an agent on them that obviously isn’t there. These two services (check_mk and check_mk discovery) are automatically applied to the switches, and probably to everything else, but I need help telling them to ignore the agent check if it’s a platform that isn’t running the agent?

2.1.0p18
Docker:Latest

Check_MK error is:
[agent] Communication failed: timed outCRIT, [snmp] Success, execution time 6.6 sec
Check_MK Discovery error is:
no unmonitored services found, no vanished services found, no new host labels, [agent] Communication failed: timed outCRIT

I didn’t see anything all that relevant in the CMK command line output other than this:
[agent] timeout(‘timed out’)(!!), [snmp] Success, execution time 7.4 sec | execution_time=7.350 user_time=0.120 system_time=0.170 children_user_time=0.150 children_system_time=0.260 cmk_time_agent=5.010 cmk_time_snmp=1.630

You seem to have configured both Checkmk Agent access and SNMP, but the device does most probably only understand SNMP. So, go to the host properties and disable querying the Agent:

1 Like

That did it. I had the “X” cleared for “Checkmk agent” which I assumed disabled that check. When I entered the “X” and made the selection for “No API integration, no Checkmk agent” the problem cleared. Thank You!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.