Check_MK cannot connect after installation

Check_MK cannot connect after installation. I have installed the RAW version 1.4.16, configured IP address with subnet 22 & the right gateway. But ping results dont respond giving request timed out. Also Web version http://IP Address dont work expectedly. What am I missing here.

Thanks
Arindam

Hallo.
firewall active?
Ralf

After you checked @rprengel’s points-
Is the system Apache correctly working?

Why such an old not supported version?

Hi rprengel,
Firewall is active & thats why, its understood that it wont work with HTTP from user network. But even when accessing from Datacenter network which is open, it still does not work.

Thanks
Arindam

Hi Andreas,
How Do I check Apache in the VM?
I installed the RAW/Free version whatever is available here:

If some other free version available for setup, I’ll be happy to install it. Problem is, based on the OVA file deployment instruction I went ahead & installed the VM. Configured IP as instructed. After that, I cannot get into the system for any configuration.
The next instruction is to try & access the site from http://machine IP Address which is not working.

Any help will be great.

Thanks
Arindam

Forget about accessing, I cannot ping the machine. While Network is showing as UP & green in the VM.

What version exactly do you use and how was this deployed?
It sounds like you installed the appliance. Can you show your configuration?

Hi Andreas,
We have installed version# 1.4.16
It was provided from here: Download Checkmk for free | Checkmk
If there is an advanced version to work with, I would happily install it.
But, even this version installed just fine. I configured iP address & enabled Web configuration & SSH. LAN status shows UP & green. But I cannot ping or reach the IP address. Which is why I cannot control the site from the web.
Anything I am doing wrong here?

Thanks
Arindam

This is the appliance version. How does your network config looks like for this deployed appliance. If you cannot reach the machine then the possibility is very high that something in your virtual environment is not correctly configured. I deployed 4 virtual appliances last week and had no problem on any one of these.

Hallo,
some general hints
1)
subnetmask and gateway ok
2)
virtual netwerkinterface and virtual switch ok (Vmware ESX)
3)
any endpoint or other security-solutions active
4)
other virtual systems on same host are working

Ralf

Hi Andreas,
I know… And our VM config is all good.
Is there a way I can open a terminal in the VM?

Thanks
Arindam

Hi,
Subnet masks & gateways are all good.
Network interface is just like other interfaces.
Other virtual system are working using the same virtual switch configuration. Is there any work around?

Thanks
Arindam

It would help to see the configuration. As i said last Friday i deployed 4 virtual appliances inside VMware and had not a single problem. What virtualization platform do you use?

Not if not reachable over network.

Hallo,
had a similar problem some days ago.
In this case the installation was broken after a filesystem-crash.
Only solution:
restore backup

Ralf

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.