Check_MK Discovery show unmonitored service

Version: Checkmk Enterprise Edition 2.2.0p12

Check_MK Discovery shows me for one of my hosts (an Ubuntu server) that there is:

2024-05-04 19_01_22-Checkmk UKH Monitoring - Service srv-idoit01.ukh.local, Check_MK Discovery – Moz

But on this host is a service for apache:
2024-05-04 19_01_57-Checkmk UKH Monitoring - Services of Host srv-idoit01.ukh.local – Mozilla Firefo

Does someone have an idea what’s going wrong?

Regards
Stephan

Hi Stephan,

checkmk tells you, that there is currently one checkmk service available that monitors processes (PS), in this case the Apache2 process(es) which is not in your current monitoring configuration.
If you do a discovery of that host, you can then add it to the configuration.
The other service is coming from a different plugin (systemd Services) and has nothing to do with the warning.
So you are monitoring the Apache2 systemd Service state with one plugin and the Apache2 processes e. g. count with another plugin.

I see that the term “Unmonitored Service” is confusing in your screenshot , the message relates to a Service in checkmk that is currently not being monitored and not an (operating system) service that is not being monitored on the monitored Host.

Hi Andre,

thank you for your reply. This was my first thought too. But a “Service Rescan” did not find a new service to discover.

Then I have added a new Rule on “Process discovery”. Now I have a new “Service” for this host. And not longer a “Warning”

2024-05-05 08_50_09-Checkmk UKH Monitoring - Services of Host srv-idoit01.ukh.local – Mozilla Firefo

In your screenshot you can see, that the check says “rediscovery scheduled”.
So there is an automatic rule for discovery configured and checkmk added the service automatically before you did the discovery.