Check_mk eliminate Logwatch

CMK version: 2.0
OS version: Centos7

Hi,

I would like to know if there is a way to remove the information for the logwatch, i know there is a way to disable the services, but if i disable the logs checks, the check is still working, and this can be dangerous because the errors show personal information for the users.

I would like to know if there is a way to remove this function completely for the monitoring, and my records (Logs).

Thank you

Hi Gustavo,

if you don’t want to use logwatch just remove the plugin from the monitored hosts. For windows there is a fine tune rule in the bakery to disable logwatch at all. By default Windows will bring you the default logs.

Br
Anastasios

1 Like

Do you mean the standard service checks from the Windows agent which start with the string “Log xyz…” ?

For example, these kind of checks,

I understand that the logwatch is part of the CMK Agent, i dont use a plugin for this, my version is the RAW but i dont know if there is some configuration to eliminate this checks and the information

It has nothing to do with logwatch. These are Windows Event log checks. This is a misunderstanding.
You have to finetune the windows event log like this:

1 Like

Hi,
if you don’t want to see logs of Windows hosts in CMK, then you can use the rule Disabled sections in the agent bakery. When using the RAW edition, then disable the section in the agent yml file:

disabled_sections: [logwatch]

Karl

3 Likes

Thank you very much for th einformation @davidwayne @kdeutsch

@kdeutsch were i can foud this agent.yml file sorry?

Hi,
the name of the file is check_mk.user.yml. You find it in a subdirectory of c:\programdata\checkmk\agent on the Windows host.

Karl

1 Like

Thank you very much Sir

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.