[Check_mk (english)] 1.6 windows agent registration

Hello,

I updated to 1.6.0p6 this week and like the client got reworked from the ground on windows it’s expected to see things like this :

WARN - [agent] Version: 1.2.6, OS: windows, Unexpected allowed IP ranges (exceeding: 0.0.0.0/0, missing: 10.2.0.33 127.0.0.1 192.168.0.204)WARN, execution time 0.3 sec

Those machines were using an old agent which got updated to 1.6 but now on those machines I just get :

WARN - error: The agent updater is not registered at the deployment server

I am unable to find how to register machines with the new windows client.

Documentation is still referencing to prior of 1.5 with the good old cmk-agent-update.exe register

Anyone know how to get ride of that ?

Best,

Laurent

Hi Laurent,

seems as if the updates of the original article did not get translated yet...

The folder of the agent plugins folder (and other folders, too) has
changed in new Windows agent: C:\ProgramData\Checkmk\Agent\plugins\

Will inform our knowledge team about the missing translation of updates!

BR,
Marcel

···

Am Fr., 29. Nov. 2019 um 10:47 Uhr schrieb Laurent Barbier <lbarbier@arkane-studios.com>:

Hello,

I updated to 1.6.0p6 this week and like the client got reworked from the ground on windows it’s expected to see things like this :

WARN - [agent] Version: 1.2.6, OS: windows, Unexpected allowed IP ranges (exceeding: 0.0.0.0/0, missing: 10.2.0.33 127.0.0.1 192.168.0.204)WARN, execution time 0.3 sec

Those machines were using an old agent which got updated to 1.6 but now on those machines I just get :

WARN - error: The agent updater is not registered at the deployment server

I am unable to find how to register machines with the new windows client.

Documentation is still referencing to prior of 1.5 with the good old cmk-agent-update.exe register

Anyone know how to get ride of that ?

Best,

Laurent

https://lists.mathias-kettner.de/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/checkmk-en