[Check_mk (english)] Azure checks - missing agent sections

Hi,

totally agree. I cannot see it - debug output is okay but again I guess I was too late.

Very strange behaviour. Similar troubles with the AWS plugin. And yes, my sites are

bigger too. With the small ones no problems.

Regards

Guenther

···

Gesendet: Donnerstag, 14. November 2019 um 09:19 Uhr

Von: “Andreas Döhler” andreas.doehler@gmail.com

An: guenther.rasch@gmx.at

Cc: “checkmk-en@lists.mathias-kettner.decheckmk-en@lists.mathias-kettner.de

Betreff: Re: [Check_mk (english)] Azure checks - missing agent sections

Hi Guenther,

I have the same problem on one of my bigger Azure sites. The reason is that the output from the agent is empty for some sections and this leads to the message you saw. Why this is empty, I don’t know. The check by itself is not able to handle empty output. The best way world be that the check ignores empty data and the check goes stale if no data is received after some minutes.

But this needs some adjustment in the check. I have no time to make a bigger test with this setup until now.

Best regards

Andreas

<guenther.rasch@gmx.at[mailto:guenther.rasch@gmx.at]> schrieb am Do., 14. Nov. 2019, 07:39:Hi,

we are monitoring Azure cloud services with check_mk 1.6.0p5. It’s running good, the AzureService host

is configured to store data / map data to resource group hosts.

I’ve configured them all, it’s working fine, but from time to time, I’m getting a warning for

different resource groups:

Successfully processed from source AzureService, Missing agent sections: azure_virtualmachines

The sections are not only azure_virtualmachines - they differ from time to time.

After a few minutes the message went away and all is “OK” again. The API-read limit is

not reached (10k left…).

Any ideas what’s going wrong?

Regards

Guenther

checkmk-en mailing list

checkmk-en@lists.mathias-kettner.de[mailto:checkmk-en@lists.mathias-kettner.de]

Manage your subscription or unsubscribe

https://lists.mathias-kettner.de/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/checkmk-en[https://lists.mathias-kettner.de/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/checkmk-en]