[Check_mk (english)] business intelligence - availability report based on Time Periods ?

Hi there,

I want to create some availability reports for example my business intelligence groups. The thing is that I only can honor downtimes, notification periods and service
times.

But I want to create a report which is based on our time periods. This is currently not possible or do I miss sth ?

In Time Periods we’ve declared our for example Working hours which are SLA relevant. And I want to get a report based on the availability on those Working hours
for the BI aggregation.

Any thoughts how to handle this ?

Kind regards,

Constantin

Hi Constantin,

this is only possible after you have defined the time period inside the system.

And this time period is then the “service period” of the host or service. This assigned time period has no effect on the checking or notification of problems.

You can then decide to honor this time period or not inside the availability reporting.

The important point is described inside the documentation under https://checkmk.com/cms_availability.html#serviceperiod

Important is only as written before reporting on this time periods is only available after the time period by itself is defined inside the monitoring system.

Best regards

Andreas

···

Am So., 24. Nov. 2019 um 12:20 Uhr schrieb Lotz, Constantin via checkmk-en checkmk-en@lists.mathias-kettner.de:

Hi there,

I want to create some availability reports for example my business intelligence groups. The thing is that I only can honor downtimes, notification periods and service
times.

But I want to create a report which is based on our time periods. This is currently not possible or do I miss sth ?

In Time Periods we’ve declared our for example Working hours which are SLA relevant. And I want to get a report based on the availability on those Working hours
for the BI aggregation.

Kind regards,

Constantin

checkmk-en mailing list

checkmk-en@lists.mathias-kettner.de

Manage your subscription or unsubscribe

https://lists.mathias-kettner.de/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/checkmk-en

Hi Andreas,

thanks for the hint. I already used service periods, but for those kind of services which were not running 24/7. So if looking in the
monitoring dashboard at 20 o’clock i dont want to get noticed about issues which are no real issues (process only running from 04 to 06 pm).

When we assign all relevant services with service periods I would loose that kind of differencing.

Shouldn’t it possible to create a report which is based on existing time periods? From technical view it looks like a similar sql select
to filter events which are not in a specific timeframe like the service periods…

Kind regards,

Constantin

···

Hi Constantin,

this is only possible after you have defined the time period inside the system.

And this time period is then the “service period” of the host or service. This assigned time period has no effect on the checking or notification of problems.

You can then decide to honor this time period or not inside the availability reporting.

The important point is described inside the documentation under https://checkmk.com/cms_availability.html#serviceperiod

Important is only as written before reporting on this time periods is only available after the time period by itself is defined inside the monitoring system.

Best regards

Andreas

Am So., 24. Nov. 2019 um 12:20 Uhr schrieb Lotz, Constantin via checkmk-en checkmk-en@lists.mathias-kettner.de:

Hi there,

I want to create some availability reports for example my business intelligence groups. The thing is that
I only can honor downtimes, notification periods and service times.

But I want to create a report which is based on our time periods. This is currently not possible or do
I miss sth ?

In Time Periods we’ve declared our for example Working hours which are SLA relevant. And I want to get
a report based on the availability on those Working hours for the BI aggregation.

Kind regards,

Constantin

checkmk-en mailing list
checkmk-en@lists.mathias-kettner.de
Manage your subscription or unsubscribe
https://lists.mathias-kettner.de/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/checkmk-en