[Check_mk (english)] check external links via proxy server

Hello all,

In our network we have a check_mk server that we want to configure to do some checks “on the internet” (we have some URL’s that we want to be sure of that they are “up-and-running”) we also have an proxy server in the network. No what I try to accomplice is that check_mk uses the proxy server for all external monitoring (systems not in the local domain) and directly connect to the other systems for monitoring. I have been looking for a solution but I cannot find any, I tried setting the http_proxy environment variable by creating a proxy.sh file in /etc/profile.d/ but that doesn’t work.

Basically I want this (it is no problem if we need to set a host tag to accomplish this)

Host 1 = system.local.lan

Host 2 = www.google.com

Monitoring system > host 1 = direct check

Monitoring system > host 2 = via proxy server

If that makes any sense.

Environment specs:

OS : RHEL 6.4

OMD : 1.00

Check_mk : 1.2.3i1 (manual upgraded to this version because of ESX support)

Met vriendelijke groet/with kind regards,

Arnold Hölzel