[Check_mk (english)] CheckMk graphs disappeared

Hi,

Anybody know how the graph get’s cleared for all the hosts all of a sudden?. I can’t see any graph data before Nov 1, 2019.

There was no updates / changes done to CheckMK for a long time. I am running on 1.5.0p13 for quite a long time now.

Regards,

Anil

Hi Anil,

This can only happen if someone is removing your RRD files and the system generated new RRD files.

It looks if someone created a cron job running on the first of November and deleting all RRD files.

You can check inside your site with a “cron -l” to see if there is something defined to run at the time your graphs are starting.

Best regards

Andreas

···

Am So., 1. Dez. 2019 um 20:14 Uhr schrieb Pius, Anil anil.pius@sap.com:

Hi,

Anybody know how the graph get’s cleared for all the hosts all of a sudden?. I can’t see any graph data before Nov 1, 2019.

There was no updates / changes done to CheckMK for a long time. I am running on 1.5.0p13 for quite a long time now.

Regards,

Anil

checkmk-en mailing list

checkmk-en@lists.mathias-kettner.de

Manage your subscription or unsubscribe

https://lists.mathias-kettner.de/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/checkmk-en

Hello Andreas,

Thanks for the reply. I have checked the cron & bash history. Couldn’t see any deletions matching to date when the graphs disappeared.

Cronjob:-

···

Hi Anil,

This can only happen if someone is removing your RRD files and the system generated new RRD files.

It looks if someone created a cron job running on the first of November and deleting all RRD files.

You can check inside your site with a “cron -l” to see if there is something defined to run at the time your graphs are starting.

Best regards

Andreas

Hi,

Regards,

Anil

checkmk-en mailing list

Hi Anil,

do you use the enterprise edition or the RAW?

If it is the enterprise please take at look at the folder “~/var/check_mk/rrd/”

This should hold the RRD files if there are no files inside your pnp4nagios folder.

Best regards

Andreas

···

Am Di., 3. Dez. 2019 um 02:38 Uhr schrieb Pius, Anil anil.pius@sap.com:

Hello Andreas,

Thanks for the reply. I have checked the cron & bash history. Couldn’t see any deletions matching to date when the graphs disappeared.

Once a day, at 00:30 cleanup old rrd files not touched for 30 days …

30 0 * * * find ${OMD_ROOT}/var/pnp4nagios/perfdata -name “*.rrd” -mtime +30 -exec rm {} +

Once a day, at 00:35 delete old folders if they won’t be touched for 30 days … remove deleted hosts

35 0 * * * find ${OMD_ROOT}/var/pnp4nagios/perfdata -type d -mtime +30 -exec rm -rf {} +

But even if I go to /opt/omd/sites/<site_name>/var/pnp4nagios/perfdata/ , I can see only one rrd file which is dated today.

Dec 3 01:29 _HOST__rountriptime.rrd

Do you know where exactly it stores old rrd files?.

Regards,

Anil

Anil Pius**|P&I Industry Cloud Operations IN|**SAP Labs India Pvt Ltd

M : +91-9496826191

E : anil.pius@sap.com

Mandatory Disclosure Statements:
http://www.sap.com/company/legal/impressum.epx

This e-mail may contain trade secrets or privileged, undisclosed, or otherwise confidential information. If you have received this e-mail in error, you are hereby notified that any review, copying,
or distribution of it is strictly prohibited. Please inform us immediately and destroy the original transmittal. Thank you for your cooperation.

Sent: Monday, December 2, 2019 4:52 PM
To: Pius, Anil anil.pius@sap.com
Cc: checkmk-en@lists.mathias-kettner.de
Subject: Re: [Check_mk (english)] CheckMk graphs disappeared

Hi Anil,

Best regards

Andreas

Hi,

Regards,

Anil

checkmk-en mailing list

Hello Andreas,

Again thanks for your reply.

We are using the RAW edition and I can see RRD files inside pnp4nagios. Also there is no “~/var/check_mk/rrd/” folder exists.

OMD[XXX]:~/var$ du -sch *

751M check_mk

144K dokuwiki

0 icinga

42M log

8.0K mkeventd

4.0K monitoring-plugins

2.2G nagios

8.0K nagvis

63G pnp4nagios

4.3G rrdcached

268K ssl

244K tmp

4.0K www

70G total

OMD[XXX]:~/var$

But as I said earlier, I see only
one rrd file for each check and it’s just 380k size.

OMD[XXX]:~/var/pnp4nagios/perfdata/$ du -sch TCP_Connections_BOUND.rrd

380K TCP_Connections_BOUND.rrd

380K total

Not sure if check_mk will move old RRD data to some other location.

Regards,

Anil

···

Hi Anil,

do you use the enterprise edition or the RAW?

If it is the enterprise please take at look at the folder “~/var/check_mk/rrd/”

This should hold the RRD files if there are no files inside your pnp4nagios folder.

Best regards

Andreas

Am Di., 3. Dez. 2019 um 02:38 Uhr schrieb Pius, Anil anil.pius@sap.com:

Hello Andreas,

Once a day, at 00:30 cleanup old rrd files not touched for 30 days …

30 0 * * * find ${OMD_ROOT}/var/pnp4nagios/perfdata -name “*.rrd” -mtime +30 -exec rm {} +

Once a day, at 00:35 delete old folders if they won’t be touched for 30 days … remove deleted hosts

35 0 * * * find ${OMD_ROOT}/var/pnp4nagios/perfdata -type d -mtime +30 -exec rm -rf {} +

But even if I go to /opt/omd/sites/<site_name>/var/pnp4nagios/perfdata/ , I can see only one rrd file which is dated today.

Dec 3 01:29 _HOST__rountriptime.rrd

Do you know where exactly it stores old rrd files?.

Regards,

Anil

Anil Pius**|P&I Industry Cloud Operations IN|**SAP Labs India Pvt Ltd

M : +91-9496826191
| E : anil.pius@sap.com

Mandatory Disclosure Statements:
http://www.sap.com/company/legal/impressum.epx

This e-mail may contain trade secrets or privileged, undisclosed, or otherwise confidential information. If you have received this e-mail
in error, you are hereby notified that any review, copying, or distribution of it is strictly prohibited. Please inform us immediately and destroy the original transmittal. Thank you for your cooperation.

Sent: Monday, December 2, 2019 4:52 PM
To: Pius, Anil anil.pius@sap.com
Cc: checkmk-en@lists.mathias-kettner.de
Subject: Re: [Check_mk (english)] CheckMk graphs disappeared

Hi Anil,

Best regards

Andreas

Hi,

Regards,

Anil

checkmk-en mailing list