[Check_mk (english)] Disable or Ignore Linux Systemd Service Summary

Hi,

I have some linux hosts that output some errors due to failed services I would rather ignore. Here is a sample:

Systemd Service Summary CRIT - 120 services in total, 1 static service failed (fstrim)CRIT, 3 disabled services

For the above example, I have fstrim causing the alert, but it might be some other thing similar. Trying to learn how to disable alerts based on whatever failed services.

Thanks,

Rod

1 Like

Hi,

You should be able to use the “Systemd Services” rule and the “Exclude services matching provided regex patterns” parameter therein for this. Note I’m using 1.6.0p6.

Cheers,

Rich

···

From: checkmk-en <checkmk-en-bounces@lists.mathias-kettner.de> On Behalf Of Rodrigo Amaral via checkmk-en
Sent: 26 November 2019 16:34
To: checkmk-en@lists.mathias-kettner.de
Subject: [Check_mk (english)] Disable or Ignore Linux Systemd Service Summary

Hi,

I have some linux hosts that output some errors due to failed services I would rather ignore. Here is a sample:

Systemd Service Summary CRIT - 120 services in total, 1 static service failed (fstrim)CRIT, 3 disabled services

For the above example, I have fstrim causing the alert, but it might be some other thing similar. Trying to learn how to disable alerts based on whatever failed services.

Thanks,

Rod

Rich,

Perfect! Right on target! :slight_smile:

Created a rule of “.fstrim.” to hosts with tag=linux and that did the trick!

Thanks!

Rod

···

On Tuesday, November 26, 2019, 11:45:42 AM EST, rallen@plus.net rallen@plus.net wrote:

Hi,

You should be able to use the “Systemd Services” rule and the “Exclude services matching provided regex patterns” parameter therein for this. Note I’m using 1.6.0p6.

Cheers,

Rich

From: checkmk-en checkmk-en-bounces@lists.mathias-kettner.de On Behalf Of Rodrigo Amaral via checkmk-en
Sent: 26 November 2019 16:34
To: checkmk-en@lists.mathias-kettner.de
Subject: [Check_mk (english)] Disable or Ignore Linux Systemd Service Summary

Hi,

Thanks,

Rod

checkmk-en mailing list
checkmk-en@lists.mathias-kettner.de
Manage your subscription or unsubscribe
https://lists.mathias-kettner.de/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/checkmk-en

1 Like