[Check_mk (english)] Extension Page taking a long time to load

Hi CMK mailing list,

I’ve got 6 extension packages installed on my CheckMK instance and they all work fine.

I’ve noticed it takes over 60 seconds for my ‘Extension Packages’ page to actually load – sometimes Python returns an error saying execution took too long. Today I span up a test instance, added all 6 packages and the page loads within 5 seconds as expected on the test box.

So I am wondering if there is a cache, or some files being read which shouldn’t be. Can anyone advise where I might want to start looking?

There are no other issues I am experiencing, just very slow loading of this one specific page. I am using 1.6.0p6.

Thanks in advance.

James

image001.gif

Hi James,

the problem must not be one of the packages. If you have some other modified or own files inside your ~/local structure then these files are browsed at the load time of the extension page.

If i remember correctly these files are also checked for correct syntax and so on with version 1.6 and upwards.

Best regards

Andreas

image001.gif

···

Am Fr., 15. Nov. 2019 um 17:30 Uhr schrieb James Poore james.poore.pn@gmail.com:

Hi CMK mailing list,

I’ve got 6 extension packages installed on my CheckMK instance and they all work fine.

I’ve noticed it takes over 60 seconds for my ‘Extension Packages’ page to actually load – sometimes Python returns an error saying execution took too long. Today I span up a test instance, added all 6 packages and the page loads within 5 seconds as expected on the test box.

So I am wondering if there is a cache, or some files being read which shouldn’t be. Can anyone advise where I might want to start looking?

There are no other issues I am experiencing, just very slow loading of this one specific page. I am using 1.6.0p6.

Thanks in advance.

James

checkmk-en mailing list

checkmk-en@lists.mathias-kettner.de

Manage your subscription or unsubscribe

https://lists.mathias-kettner.de/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/checkmk-en

Hi,

the code generating the extension packages page has a runtime of O(n³)
or similar. I have straced the call and seen more than 7.000 read
requests for the 30 installed packages.

There is room for optimization…

The developers have been notified.

Regards

···

--
Robert Sander
Heinlein Support GmbH
Schwedter Str. 8/9b, 10119 Berlin

http://www.heinlein-support.de

Tel: 030 / 405051-43