[Check_mk (english)] fileinfo.groups: date specific files on windows

Hi,

I'm trying to get some application logfiles from a windows server monitored correctly.
The fieinfo.groups plugin seems to be the way to go.

I tried the pattern as suggested in the man-page. However this only seems valid on linux systems. It gets properly recognized on the Check_MK side.
The Windows side is however not so easy as $DATE:%Y%m%d$ is not a working pattern. Using * for the date part also picks up the older, not so interesting, logfiles in that directory.
I've tried %DATE:~6,4%%DATE:~3,2%%date:~0,2% as a pattern, this work for the commandline, but not for the agent.

Am I making a quoting error, or just a huge thinking error?

Relevant agent config:
  [fileinfo]
      path = D:\LogFiles\MyApp\MyApp_%date:~6,4%%date:~3,2%%date:~0,2%.log
      path = D:\LogFiles\MyApp\MyApp_$DATE:%Y%m%d$.log

Partial output of "telnet host 6556":
  D:\LogFiles\MyApp\MyApp_%date:~6,4%%date:~3,2%%date:~0,2%.log|missing|1576138100
  D:\LogFiles\MyApp\MyApp_$DATE:%Y%m%d$.log|missing|1576138100

These are some of the different options I tried.

Can somebody guide me in the correct direction?

Paul van der Marel

FIDES DISCLAIMER: This message may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information and is intended only for the use of the addressee named above. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any mistransmission. If you are not the intended recipient of this message you are hereby notified that you must not use, disseminate, copy it in any form or take any action in reliance on it. If you have received this message in error please delete it and any copies of it and notify the sender immediately. Fides Treasury Services Ltd. reserves the right to intercept and monitor any e-mail communication through its networks if legally allowed.