[Check_mk (english)] "host unreachable": I don't want criticatl notification

Hi,
just a question (sorry, I didn’t find a solution on google).

I’ve some host about which I’m not really interested if they’re up or down (while I’m interested about its services, like full disk). Can you tell me how turn off “critical” for selected hosts, in case of host unreachable?

Thanks for your time,

Marco

Hi Marco,

There’s a rulest ‘Host check command’ where you can select ‘always assume host to be up’ (or similar, I don’t remember exact wording).

BTW: beware not to talk about ‘unreachable’ hosts when you really mean ‘down’ hosts - UNREACHABLE is a host state when all its parent hosts (if any configured) are down.

HTH,

Marcel

···

marco Ribero spam.marco.spam@gmail.com schrieb am Mo., 11. März 2019, 18:17:

Hi,

I’ve some host about which I’m not really interested if they’re up or down (while I’m interested about its services, like full disk). Can you tell me how turn off “critical” for selected hosts, in case of host unreachable?

Thanks for your time,

Marco

checkmk-en mailing list

checkmk-en@lists.mathias-kettner.de

Manage your subscription or unsubscribe

https://lists.mathias-kettner.de/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/checkmk-en

Hi Marco,

There are many ways to achieve this, but the best option is to configure a rule for the selected hosts under ‘Host Check Command’ to always assume the host to be up. Keep in mind that you will not be able to check service state for a host that is not reachable, so if that’s the case you should also create a rule for the “Status of the Check_MK service” on the selected hosts. You can set the service state if conneciton issue etc to always be OK.

Paul

···

On Mon, Mar 11, 2019 at 10:17 AM marco Ribero spam.marco.spam@gmail.com wrote:

Hi,

Thanks for your time,

Marco

checkmk-en mailing list

Perfect. Thank you for yours solutions. They solved my problem (=too much noise).

Have a good day,
Marco

···

Il giorno lun 11 mar 2019 alle ore 19:02 Paul Dott pauldott@gmail.com ha scritto:

Hi Marco,

There are many ways to achieve this, but the best option is to configure a rule for the selected hosts under ‘Host Check Command’ to always assume the host to be up. Keep in mind that you will not be able to check service state for a host that is not reachable, so if that’s the case you should also create a rule for the “Status of the Check_MK service” on the selected hosts. You can set the service state if conneciton issue etc to always be OK.

Paul

On Mon, Mar 11, 2019 at 10:17 AM marco Ribero spam.marco.spam@gmail.com wrote:

Hi,

Thanks for your time,

Marco

checkmk-en mailing list