[Check_mk (english)] Individual Windows Services

Hi

I have Check_mk up and running and working well. I can monitor all windows services in a summary fashion and have that server go critical if one of the automatic services is stopped.

How do I split that up so that a specific service has a single line in the inventory?

E.g. I have the summary list of services, but I’m really interested in having the Citrix services listed individually as they are really important to me.

How do I show that?

I know it can be done as a previous work place had this, just cant find out or work out how.

Thanks
Neil

Hi Neil,

these rules find given services automatically:

WATO → Host & Service Parameters → Parameters for discovered services → (Sektion “Inventory - automatic service detection”) → Windows service discovery

…after that you may also need to configure them:

WATO → Host & Service Parameters → Parameters for discovered services → (Sektion “Applications, Processes & Services”) → Windows services

…should you also want to know if a needed service is not available/installed you must change to this:

WATO → Manual Checks → (Sektion “Applications, Processes & Services”) → Windows services

HTH,

Marcel

···

Neil Frost neil@frostie.co.uk schrieb am Mi., 12. Aug. 2015 um 08:13 Uhr:

Hi

I have Check_mk up and running and working well. I can monitor all windows services in a summary fashion and have that server go critical if one of the automatic services is stopped.

How do I split that up so that a specific service has a single line in the inventory?

E.g. I have the summary list of services, but I’m really interested in having the Citrix services listed individually as they are really important to me.

How do I show that?

I know it can be done as a previous work place had this, just cant find out or work out how.

Thanks
Neil

checkmk-en mailing list

checkmk-en@lists.mathias-kettner.de

http://lists.mathias-kettner.de/mailman/listinfo/checkmk-en

We’ll meet in Munich for the 2nd Check_MK Conference!

Book your place now and be part of it.

October 18th-20th, 2015

http://mathias-kettner.com/conference

1 Like