[Check_mk (english)] IP change on remote OMD server

I have setup Distributed Monitoring, which is working great. Now I need to change the IP of the remote OMD-server.

After changing the IP on the remote server and then on the master changing the pointers to the new IP for the remote site under Distributed Monitoring, The Status Connection says: “The remote monitoring host is down”

The Configuratuon Connection says : Online

The master can reach the slave on tcp 6557 without problems.

If I change back t the old IP on both master DM config and slave it works again.

What do I need to do get it working with the new IP?

You might have to logout/login to the new site via the distributed monitoring page. Also did you update any status hosts you might have set for the old ip?

···

On Sun, Nov 10, 2019 at 08:33 Tonny Andersson tonny.andersson@thunder-cloud.com wrote:

I have setup Distributed Monitoring, which is working great. Now I need to change the IP of the remote OMD-server.

After changing the IP on the remote server and then on the master changing the pointers to the new IP for the remote site under Distributed Monitoring, The Status Connection says: “The remote monitoring host is down”

If I change back t the old IP on both master DM config and slave it works again.

checkmk-en mailing list

checkmk-en@lists.mathias-kettner.de

Manage your subscription or unsubscribe

https://lists.mathias-kettner.de/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/checkmk-en

The status host was the trick! Thanks for your incredibly quick response!

···

Från: Paul Dott pauldott@gmail.com
Skickat: den 10 november 2019 17:36
Till: Tonny Andersson tonny.andersson@thunder-cloud.com
Kopia: checkmk-en@lists.mathias-kettner.de
Ämne: Re: [Check_mk (english)] IP change on remote OMD server

You might have to logout/login to the new site via the distributed monitoring page. Also did you update any status hosts you might have set for the old ip?

On Sun, Nov 10, 2019 at 08:33 Tonny Andersson tonny.andersson@thunder-cloud.com wrote:

checkmk-en mailing list
checkmk-en@lists.mathias-kettner.de
Manage your subscription or unsubscribe
https://lists.mathias-kettner.de/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/checkmk-en