[Check_mk (english)] winperf_ts_session (counters = Terminal Services:ts_sessions) not working

Hello,

I have two Windows 2016 servers (for RDP terminal access) with installed Check_MK agent and with the check_mk.ini containing

···

[winperf]

counters = Terminal Services:ts_sessions

It works on one server but not on the other one. The configuration in Check_MK is the same. The .ini is the same. But the winperf_ts_session output (via ‘cmk -d’) is only available on one of the servers.

I already tried it with the performance counter number (instead of the name above) retrieved by the ‘lodctr’ command but this also won’t work. I also restarted the Check_MK service…

What else can I check?

Regards

Sebastian

Hi Sebastian,

Maybe check access rights for the account of the agent (system mostly) to the WMI. I had similar situation.

Cannot give you details because I am not Windows expert and it was fixed by external consultant.

Regards

Michael

···

From: checkmk-en checkmk-en-bounces@lists.mathias-kettner.de
On Behalf Of sh1ndy@gmx.de
Sent: Friday, September 6, 2019 2:48 PM
To: checkmk-en@lists.mathias-kettner.de
Subject: [MARKETING] [Check_mk (english)] winperf_ts_session (counters = Terminal Services:ts_sessions) not working

Hello,

I have two Windows 2016 servers (for RDP terminal access) with installed Check_MK agent and with the check_mk.ini containing

[winperf]

It works on one server but not on the other one. The configuration in Check_MK is the same. The .ini is the same. But the winperf_ts_session output (via ‘cmk -d’) is only available
on one of the servers.

I already tried it with the performance counter number (instead of the name above) retrieved by the ‘lodctr’ command but this also won’t work. I also restarted the Check_MK
service…

What else can I check?

Regards

Sebastian

Hi everyone

maybe this helps, i have this in my ini File:

[winperf]
# Select counters to extract. The following counters
# are needed by checks shipped with check_mk.
# counters = 10332:msx_queues
counters = 638:tcp_conn
counters = 3198:ts_sessions
counters = 1920:ts_sessions

The 3198 is the Winperf Counter until 2008R2, the 1920 is the one for 2012 onwards.

Copy it and restart the agent, should work, at least it does on all ~3000 Windows Servers in my responsibility:-)

BR

···

Am Mo., 9. Sept. 2019 um 09:08 Uhr schrieb FRANK Michael michael.frank@faurecia.com:

Hi Sebastian,

Maybe check access rights for the account of the agent (system mostly) to the WMI. I had similar situation.

Cannot give you details because I am not Windows expert and it was fixed by external consultant.

Regards

Michael

From: checkmk-en checkmk-en-bounces@lists.mathias-kettner.de
On Behalf Of sh1ndy@gmx.de
Sent: Friday, September 6, 2019 2:48 PM
To: checkmk-en@lists.mathias-kettner.de
Subject: [MARKETING] [Check_mk (english)] winperf_ts_session (counters = Terminal Services:ts_sessions) not working

Hello,

[winperf]

It works on one server but not on the other one. The configuration in Check_MK is the same. The .ini is the same. But the winperf_ts_session output (via ‘cmk -d’) is only available
on one of the servers.

I already tried it with the performance counter number (instead of the name above) retrieved by the ‘lodctr’ command but this also won’t work. I also restarted the Check_MK
service…

What else can I check?

Regards

Sebastian

This electronic transmission (and any attachments thereto) is intended solely for the use of the addressee(s). It may contain confidential or legally privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you must delete it immediately and notify the sender. Any unauthorized use or disclosure of this message is strictly prohibited. Faurecia does not guarantee the integrity of this transmission and shall therefore never be liable if the message is altered or falsified nor for any virus, interception or damage to your system.

checkmk-en mailing list

checkmk-en@lists.mathias-kettner.de

Manage your subscription or unsubscribe

https://lists.mathias-kettner.de/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/checkmk-en