Check_MK & Grafana - solution/help for mean/min/max calculation

Schönen Guten Morgen,

we use check_mk and grafana to show some nice dashboards and graphing to the management and some monitors in the building.

No I have a question, as far as I know I can’t realy calculate values in grafana directly. We need some calculated values like mean/min/max/365day min/max and so on. We use check_mk as datasource so the values are coming directly from the check_mk server. The host/service in check_mk does not deliver those values.
How can I calculate those values and show them in a diagram as line or bar or whatever is needed.

Josef

Hello,

I use google translation to understand your problem ^^

For help you, we need to know your check_mk and grafana version.

Which database are you use ?

Influxdb ? PNPnagios ? Checkmk datasource ?

To have “mean” value you can select it like that, on legend values:
mean

Then, with pie, you can have a thing like that:

As you can see, if I choise “last” instead of “mean”, I have the last value (100)

You have other option on “Transform” as “Add Field from calculation”

I hope I help you.

Regard.

Hey, thanks for your help. We use check_mk as datasource.
If I use the “mean” option in the legend I just get a pure number and no line because it’s just the legend table itselfe.
If I use the “trasformation” option the calculated value is the same like the normale datasource value. I guess thats because I just have one value at one time (12 o’clock - 21 degree celsius) so both lines (the cmk value and the transformed one) are congruent.

Josef

A table like that is not good for you ?

With Last Mean and Max.

Sadly not, I need a line in the diagram and sometimes I need a calculated value like “mean over the last XX days” as a line in the Grafana Panel.

Like the red line ?
mean4

yes, something like that with custom calculations

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.