Checking HyperV Snapshots with hyperv_vms_guestinfos.ps1 fails with missing agent section

Hello, everyone,

I would like to monitor the snapshots with Check_MK 1.6.0p12 on our Hyper-V servers. I have put hyperv_vms_guestinfos.ps1 in the plugins folder of the agent and configured the check in the wato.
Unfortunately I only get one Missing agent sections: hyperv_checkpoints. I have already increased the timeouts to 3 minutes. according to the download agent output the whole thing runs about 33-35 seconds. the execution time is 28 - 35 sec.
What else could be the problem?

If you want you can try my HyperV cluster checks. Check_MK-Things/checks/hyperv_cluster at master · Yogibaer75/Check_MK-Things · GitHub
Attention the mkp is build for version 1.5 but you can use the check plugins and the checks also unmodified with 1.6.
Only the WATO components and the metrics file needs some overhaul for 1.6.

The Windows Powershell scripts are divided into three parts. You only need to deploy what is needed in your environment.
One script for cluster status, one host status with virtual machines and one for cluster shared volumes.

PS: if you have some days also an mkp for 1.6 will be available, as i have to update the cmk instance, i have build this script for on Friday :slight_smile:

Hello Andreas,

thx for your answer. I tried to install your Cluster Checks. But how to configure them in WATO.
Is it Manual Checks?

Regards Frank

You need to deploy the included Powershell scripts as needed. WATO rules are only important if you want to define what integration services should run or not.

ok I got it. But two of the scripts seem to run so long that the whole thing ends in a timeout. What do you recommend, how high should the timeout be set? “Download Agent Output” takes 1 minute 37 seconds. However, the output only contains the data from HyperV_Cluster.ps1, the other two scripts don’t return anything.
Greetings Frank

That’s strange, every script should run standalone without problem.
What type of HyperV cluster is this? I build this for a 2016 cluster.
Runtime on my 8 node cluster is around 10 seconds.
hyperv_host.ps1 is the general script to output all virtual machines.
Booth cluster scripts are only relevant if the functions are present.
hyperv_host.ps1 should also work on a standalone host without cluster config.

Hello, Andreas,
i have the following runtimes on a 2016 server when i run the scripts in a powershell locally on one of the cluster nodes
HyperV_host.ps1 1:04 minutes
HyperV_Cluster.ps1 7 seconds
HyperV_host_csv_io.ps1 does not run on my system. It brings a “Get-counter Missing Object”
It’s probably the language now. You have the English names of the counters in the script and the server is installed in German.
But in the end the first two scripts would be enough for me. Now I still have the problem with the runtime. Is there already something like an installation guide for this? Maybe I missed something.

Regards Frank

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.