CheckMK 2.0.0 redis checks cannot create RRD files

Hi,

I’m using the “redis” check, that is shipped with CheckMK 2.0.0p1. When I check the results, no performancedata is available although metrics are available:

When I check the CMC logfile, the following messages appears recurring (every check attempt):

As you can see, the filename is “_HOST__Redis_127.0.0.1.rrd” but i would have expected it to be “Redis_127.0.0.16379_Clients.rrd” / “Redis_127.0.0.16379_Persistence.rrd” / “Redis_127.0.0.16379_Server_Info.rrd” or am I wrong here? This is no host-check so why the “HOST” prefix.

Can it be, that the semicolon in the service description “Redis 127.0.0.1;6379 Clients” is the problem here and it should be a colon instead? The semicolon seams to be introduced in GitHub commit aa0495a

I’m using the CMC core with default RRD settings “One RRD per host/service”.

Thank you

BR
Markus

I don’t think so :wink:
The error message shows that it tries to create RRDs inside the PNP4Nagios folder structure.

Yes this is an illegal character and not handled correctly.
The mentioned commit is not exactly the problem as this is only the agent output.
The real problem lies inside the check and how the check builds the service description or then later PNP4Nagios who should filter the service descriptions the correct way.

First step i would try is

• create an empty site with RRD handling by the CMC core
  • only add one host that is using these redis checks
  • check if there are files created inside ~/var/check_mk/rrd/ and graphs shown

Yeah, the site was originally created with nagios core and later switched to CMC, but the RRD’s seams to remain in the old location.

I have created a test site (with 2.0.0p1) and added only the mentioned host. The problem is still the same:

And in the cmc.log file now the following messages appear:

The files under ~/var/check_mk/rrd/[HOSTNAME]/ are as follows:

Thanks for your support :slight_smile:

The reddis metric definitions were missing and will be added with werk #12620.
But the messages in cmc.log seem to have another source. We will have a look

I think the real problem is the “;” inside the performance value → service description “Redis 127.0.0.1;6379”. This is normally a forbidden character.
Inside the logfile you see that it is there and not removed or replaced.

Yes, @andreas-doehler is right. Will be fixed with werk #12621
Should only effect automatic discovered instances

1 Like

Thank you very much. I also tested it with a colon “:” instead of a semicolon “;” within the agent plugin, but the services were still not be discovered. So there must be problem in the check plugin as well but i was unable to understand it as you execute a function discover() to provide the inventory function.

When using “.” (dot) or “,” (comma), the Redis services where discovered successfully and RRD files were created without any problem:

Why the “:” (colon) is not working, I cannot tell.

Thanks for your support guys!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact @fayepal if you think this should be re-opened.