CheckMK 2.0 - I want my classic theme back

Hi

How can I get my classic theme back in CheckMK version 2.0?
And the exit button on sight?

I understood that in this new version we were going to create/add more themes than default ones. Is it true?

Best regards

1 Like

There is no classic theme anymore.
You can inspect the two themes inside the “~/share/check_mk/web/htdocs/themes/” folder.
I don’t know how complicated it is to add a new theme there (in 1.6 it was possible but an pain in the ass).
With a new theme you can do what you want with color schemes and so on.

1 Like

Dude @JDamian

Been missing the “classic” theme since I heard that it won’t be in 2.0 to be honest… So… +1!

I thought I was alone with that wish… I don’t believe you and I have many “friends” regarding
this particular issue… I’ve decided for myself, that I’m just getting old, and apparently hate “changes” more than I used to (like a cat…) :slight_smile:

Thomas

EDIT Corrected statement: In 1.6 the classic theme still exists…

1 Like

In the old (1.x), I developed my own de-garish of the classic theme since it was more compact than the dark modern theme. One or two web changes, but mostly css overrides.

1 Like

Hi

I became accustomed to the Classic theme and where the icons reside to accomplish a task.

Now I have to re-learn the new locations and recognize the new icons to do the same – I hate that.

Why do they like to annoy the customers?

Do they not remember the Microsoft’s Metro Interface for Windows 8?

Best regards

Keep in mind that many wanted a better web interface. I had this week also some discussions regarding the new interface. After I showed how some workflows can be accomplished the same time or quicker the user also saw that the interface is not so bad as he was thinking before.

Most of the functions are nearly at the same place. More important I think are the naming changes if you use consequently the search function.

• Sorry to reply to this old thread, I still wish for classic theme to be available. Light theme is too light with strong light emission to my eyes.

• 2.0 GUI layout/design is great but can we team up to bring classic color scheme back ?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.