We would like to thank everyone who tested the 2.0 beta in the past months. Some of you might have seen some posts here already or have heard from us at FOSDEM: we are now set for a release date in early March!
This is our biggest release yet, and there are major changes coming to Checkmk. To support you in this change we are preparing educational content for you that you can read/watch and share with your team. They will be in a form of blog tutorials and YouTube videos.
Our general topics for the content include the new UI, new APIs, and ntop integration. If there’s a topic you think we should also cover, please reply in the comments. Note that this is different from the documentation which will of course cover all the changes in detail.
Here are the top highlights of the upcoming version:
- A significant revamp of the Checkmk user experience
- Network flow monitoring with the ntop integration
- New REST-API to improve automation
- New Check-API for simpler development and maintenance of check plugins
- Improved Prometheus integration & cloud monitoring
- Performance improvement of the Checkmk Microcore with the new helper model
For a comprehensive summary of upcoming features, please take a look at this presentation.