checkMK 2.1 site set up via APIs or scripts?

Hello everyone,

Has anyone set up a CheckMK omd site via APIs or scripts? I would love to see an example.
We are in the process of automating our CheckMK deployment. Their API allows us to do almost anything we need but we don’t see anything for the OMD site setup. We are trying to automate this process as well as put everything in there that we need like the ntop, LDAP, distributed monitoring hosts settings, and others.

Or is it as simple as just setting up from the GUI then seeing what it looks like in the .mk files and then figure it out how to dump this into scripts?

Any input is appreciated.

For some things, yes. Not everything can be done via API but all of the configuration resides in text files.

Some things can be automated by calling omd config set VAR VAL with the variables shown in the output of omd config show.

1 Like

Until now we use 1.6 and are on the way to 2.0.
The remote site is setup by script triggered in kickstart. OMD has all what we need to setup and configure a remote site and I hope that hasn’t change in 2.1.
To setup the remote site in master we use the old web API and as far as I understand that is the part which is currently missing in 2.1. I will not support to do this changes by script in the configuration files because that is not supported by Tribe29. Without the support in the new API we are not able to migrate to 2.1.
So its time for me to write a feature request and see how that evolves. Please have a look at the feature portal and give it your vote.

Thanks

Michael

1 Like

Please give me your vote:

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.