CheckMK 2.2.0p5 REST API Inventory data

Hi there,
we are currently using CheckMK standard enterprise version 2.1.0p28 in our infrastructure. My plan is to update the our CheckMK server to the 2.2.0 version soon.
However I use the inventory API endpoint for some automation tasks and was wondering about it’s existence in 2.2, since the HTTP API won’t be supported anymore. Does this affect the Inventory API aswell? If so, is / will the functionality be replaced by / within the REST API? In the ReDoc there is at least nothing stated about the Inventory (verified on 2.2.0p5 test installation).

It would be great to know, whether I can migrate our existing code that uses the HTTP / Inventory API to the REST API or not.

I thank you in advance for your support.

Best regards
Constantin Bettels

Hi @bettels_uhi

Welcome to the forum!

Here you find a side-by-side of the REST API and HTTP API endpoints:
REST / HTTP API Side by side

That should give you a first indication. As far as I know, the REST API now can do everything the web API used to be able to do, so there shouldn’t be a gap.

1 Like

At the moment inventory data (old host_inv_api.py) is not available inside the REST API.
Better said there is no endpoint.
Theoretically you can get the complete HW/SW file data over the host table or other tables.
But i don’t know if this is really what is wanted.

1 Like

Hi,

first sorry for not responding. I kinda mis-understood what are actual api endpoints in checkmk. I thought what I utilized in some custom scripts was the old web api, but it was in fact just the host tables. Sorry for the confusion & inconvenience.