Checkmk_ansible_modules

I have started to build ansible modules in ruby. For now you can modify and create users and activate changes. Have a look at: https://github.com/ogaida/checkmk_ansible_modules.

3 Likes

Hi,
I’ve also made some Ansible modules. I did it in Python and use the Molecule test framework. They’re not public available yet, but if there is any interest…

I’ve got the following modules:

• checkmk_activate_changes
  • checkmk_auxtag
  • checkmk_bake_agents
  • checkmk_contactgroup
  • checkmk_discover_services
  • checkmk_folder
  • checkmk_get_all_contactgroups
  • checkmk_get_all_folders
  • checkmk_get_all_hostgroups
  • checkmk_get_all_hosts
  • checkmk_get_all_servicegroups
  • checkmk_get_folder
  • checkmk_get_host
  • checkmk_get_hosttags
  • checkmk_get_ruleset
  • checkmk_get_rulesets_info
  • checkmk_host
  • checkmk_hostgroup
  • checkmk_ruleset
  • checkmk_servicegroup
  • checkmk_taggroup
2 Likes

Hi Maarten,

thats brilliant, i am very interested in to check them. Do your modules write checkmk objects too, or only read?

Best Regards
Oliver

Hi Oliver,

The modules that start with checkmk_get_ do only reading. The modules with a ‘noun’ change that object en with ‘verbs’ (checkmk_activate_changes, checkmk_bake_agents, checkmk_discover_services`) are actions.
I need to check if I need something to change to make it publicly available. I get back to you.

Regards,
Maarten

1 Like

Hey there any chance you made those public? I’d really like to check them out!

Here are also some funktions included (register agent, activate changes etc)

1 Like

I’m interested in the status of the services per host. And @maartenq’s example provided that. This is why the question was more to him.

It would be awesome if the check_mk team would keep maintaining a check_mk module library and documentation on how to use those.

GitHub - tribe29/ansible-checkmk: Ansible integration of CheckMK is a start but not nearly complete and also has some issues.

An example from netbox. Keeping them in a git repo is faster than having to wait for pip updates for Ansible modules which can take some time.
https://netbox-ansible-collection.readthedocs.io/en/latest/getting_started/installation.html

Thanks!

Pingback to other post: Checkmk goes Ansible - #5 by marcel.arentz