Checkmk Appliance offline after upgrade to 1.7.0

Hello CheckMK Team,

We have an appliance from CheckMK (rack4 Mark III) and it was running firmware 1.6.9 and CMK version 2.2.0p24 (cee).
Today I stopped the instance on the CheckMK server and wanted to install the firmware 1.7.0. The message then appeared that the existing versions of CheckMK would have to be updated afterwards.
The server started up (was connected remotely via iDRAC) and at some point the login screen appeared.

Unfortunately, the server is now only accessible via iDRAC but no longer the WebConf and our device password is no longer accepted.

Greetings Paul

Good morning Paul,

we’re sorry for the problems you’ve encountered!
To be able to analyze and solve this, please open a ticket over our customer portal.

KR,
Max

Neither our WebConf or root password is accepted and the WebConf or IP address is not accessible (ping).
We have written to CMA support as this was recommended by our old service provider.

I was able to login and see this.

You should be able to fix the issue by opening the settings and re-applying the network configuration without a change. Or did you already do that and it did not help?

1 Like

Yes, it was really that we had to reset the network configuration (or confirm all previous values with ENTER) and then the WebConf was accessible again.

1 Like

I split this thread as well from the original release post, to keep it cleaner.

We are investigating the situation and will try to implement a more robust upgrade path.

We found the issue, and it is fixed in firmware 1.7.1.
A release date has not yet been set, but it will be soon-ish.

1 Like