Checkmk Backup Jobs running but check alerts due to time difference

Hey guys, the weird problems guy is back! :slight_smile:

So here’s my situation: I set up a typical master/slave setup facilitating the checkmk virtual appliance mark I. I then went ahead and configures a local full appliance backup in the master node. I also set up a local checkmk backup within this very appliance (kinda paranoid maybe but I got the storage). The jobs work fine and the backup check on the monitored hosts got discovered, inventoried and activates. Everything running smoothly.

Some weeks later I realize that I forgot to set the correct timezone on the appliance so I go ahead and fix that. Now every day I get two Mails from my master site complaining that the backup is critical (because it didn’t run) and one hour later this recovers (because it then run).

I then thought “right, you need reinventorize so checkmk gets the new time”, which I did, but that changes nothing. Even recreating the backup jobs doesn’t help.

Any ideas out there? Or is the timezone baked somewhere into the master site?

Thanks and regards,
Robin

Before this gets closed automatically: No one else found this behavior or at least has an idea?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.