Checkmk is not monitoring NFS or NAS filesystems mounted in the servers

Hi,

Recently we had some issues with the NFS filesyste. some of them are not mounting properly in the servers. the checkmk agent by default doesnot include the NFS filesystems in the monitoring.

We need to have monitoring for the NFS filesystem that is mounted in the server along with the disks. There is a post in the community regarding the same and the solution suggested is working for check_mk agent 1.6

But it is not working for check_mk agent 2.2. Can someone help on this to enable the monitoring for NFS filesystems.

OS - RHEL
Checkmk agent version - 2.2

Thanks,
Mahi :wink:

This i cannot say.
Here is an NFS mount on my Proxmox and it is shown normally inside the checks.

Hope this defines the file systems what to monitor.

In my case need to enable the NAS to be monitored.

No - this is only the default “section_df”

Go some lines down the code and you will see the “section_nfs_mounts”.
Starting in line 602.

Hi @andreas-doehler ,

Thanks, seems the agent is fetching the NFS details under section <<<nfsmounts_v2:sep(0)>>>
also, the agent output downloaded from the console also having the NFS details. still I’m not able to see the metrics even after doing the re-scan. Kindly suggest.

There can be different reasons.

• disabled checks
  • disabled services

What do you see on the command line with?

cmk --debug -vvI hostname

if you run a service discovery with tabular rasa you should see the NFS mounts as disabled
If so you have some rules that suppress (not the same as disable) them.

Thanks. In my case, the nfs mount health check was disabled in service discovery rules.
after excluding the servers from the rule, I’m able to see the utilization in checkmk. but still, am not able to see the historic graphical information. Is it same for you ? @andreas-doehler @Anders

As i said.

If you take a look at the rule for this check, you should see this.

This is the default setting. You have to make a rule where the performance data is not disabled.