Checkmk on rancher (kubernetes)

Hello,
I managed to setup checkmk on Rancher (Kubernetes PaaS) and It works generally fine but some operations like:

• services discovery using SNMP

• services discovery using checkmk agents

• Apply changes

Are not working or are very slow, for example in the case of SNMP It works as soon as the container starts but only for the first check, every following check will timeout with the error “(Service Check Timed Out)”
The service discovery using the checkmk agent works, slower compared to a vm installation but works.
Apply changes is also very slow, for example 1 change could take 30-40 seconds to apply and sometimes even after the apply was “successful” the change is listed again on pending changes.
In general it feels slower compared to a vm installation but the resources (CPU and RAM) consumed are equal (tested with the site backup - restore from the rancher installation to a vm)
Any advice?

Thanks!

Infos about my configuration:
Checkmk docker version: raw 1.6.0p9
Tmpfs: mounted and on
monitored hosts: 200 ±
No limits on resources

Hi Ivan,

just saw your post and your problem is my problem :slight_smile:

Just have a look at my latest post…

Snmp check duration / checkmk as dockercontainer vs. checkmk standalone

Your post is from febuary… did you have a solution allready? In my case at the moment: more ressources… imo this is not the best solution but helps for the moment… i hope it will be more discuss in this forum…

Hi,
sorry for the late reply but I gave up and installed Checkmk on a VM (Sadly).
A few months ago I tried to increase the resources but I didnt see any improvement, maybe I should have increased them more.
I’m still a bit disappointed and I will see in the future releases if something changes