CheckMK Telegram Plus - AI ASSISTANT

The CheckMK Telegram Bot now has an integrated AI assistant. This feature is designed to be your problem-solving sidekick, whether you’re struggling with tech troubles or wrestling with those infamous Layer 8 conundrums. Currently, this feature is still experimental and there may be problems, but I would like to share it with you in advance to collect your experiences and possible suggestions.

It is important to note that Bard (Google) is used as the AI model. We use here an unofficial interface from Google which was found and extended by reverse engineering, if you want to know more about it, you can find more information here: GitHub - acheong08/Bard: Python SDK/API for reverse engineered Google Bard

I use this solution because this is FREE, I don’t want to put anyone in front of paywalls. Everyone should be able to use the Telegram Bot for free without any hidden costs. I will also offer the possibility to use the API of OPENAI in the future (if this doesn’t work with Bard anymore) but this will come with later versions. So I’m sorry if one day it won’t work anymore because Google will stop it, but I will try my best to build it in a way that it stays free for you :heart:.

And one last thing, if you have any ideas or suggestions, feel free to share them with me here or on Github. I am also open for suggestions which are not related to the AI Assistant. I would like to be able to offer a well-developed alternative until a possible mobile app of CheckMK is released.

Using the AI / Assistant

Keep in mind that the AI is currently still highly experimental and I cannot guarantee its output.

The help for automatic notifications

After upgrading to version 3.0.0 or later, each Automatic Message has an additional button. The HELP button. When this button is pressed, the AI gives a summary of how the problem probably arose and what you can do to possibly solve it. Depending on the service output, these suggestions from the AI can be better or worse.

Screenshot_16

The Chat

The bot also has the default AI functions you may know from ChatGPT. You can ask him questions about CheckMK and IT problems, but you can also use him for other things.

Screenshot_19

4 Likes

Hi,

this looks pretty interesting :smiley: thanks for sharing it!

Would you mind sharing a few more AI generated explanations to give us a better estimate on …

Depending on the service output, these suggestions from the AI can be better or worse.

Sure, here are some examples from my test environment. I have very little data here because I have only implemented 2-3 test hosts to fake a few checks.:

I hope these are enough for you. Should you have more interest in it you can test it yourself. Of course it is important that the service output is long and extensive.

Should you have any ideas on how to expand this, feel free to give me some ideas. I once thought of giving the content of the comments to the AI as input but I think that leads to wrong outputs etc. for some.

2 Likes

But what is also important to mention is that the bot knows the context of the conversation and that this chat function is available. So if you don’t have enough info on how to solve the problem, you can always ask him for more info and more solutions, etc. He is of course always limited to what he has received as input. So you can give him more details which might help to solve the problem.

2 Likes

Upgrading to this version gives:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/opt/omd/sites/tycke/local/share/checkmk-telegram-plus/telegram_bot.py”, line 15, in
from bardapi import Bard
File “/opt/omd/sites/tycke/local/share/checkmk-telegram-plus/bardapi/init.py”, line 4, in
from bardapi.core import Bard
File “/opt/omd/sites/tycke/local/share/checkmk-telegram-plus/bardapi/core.py”, line 11, in
from google.cloud import translate_v2 as translate
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named ‘google.cloud’