CMK version:
2.2.0p23
OS version:
appliance
Error message:
<<>>
/share/xxx hanging 0 0 0 0
<<>>

Since a reboot this morning we have an CIFS mount hanging, although the mount is browseable and perfectly working.
The agent was running on 2.2.0p8 so i also updated the agent but didn’t work.

Does someone knows what the problem might be ?

1 Like

This topic is temporarily closed for at least 4 hours due to a large number of community flags.

Seeing the same on a fresh install I am demoing.

Ubuntu 22.04: 2.2.0p24.cce

This topic was automatically opened after 4 hours.

If you have a hanging share also a simple “df” should not work on this machine.
Try a “strace df” and you see where the problem comes from.

df will work and I can browse to that share

Not running the appliance version, so not sure if this relevant. But wanted to make note of how I ended up sorting it. As this was the only discussion I could find when googling the warn message.

This link helped me: Health of CIFS Mounts Mounted on UNIX/ Linux

My CheckMK is running on Ubuntu 22.04. And stat -f on the mount in question would return with: stat: cannot read file system information for ‘/mountlocation/folder’: Resource temporarily unavailable

Ran the same command on a Ubuntu 20.04 VM using kernel 5.15.0-1060-azure and the results came back as expected.

Changed the kernel on the 22.04 install to the HWE version (6.5). Stat -f now works as expected and the CIFS mount hang warning is gone.

Having the same issue on two Ubuntu servers. I am guessing the issue is with Ubuntu, as the “df” command reports “Resource temporarily unavailable”, even though it is available and working.

This is a now known bug for kernel 5.15.0-102 on Ubuntu systems.
https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/20240206161111.454699-1-kovalev@altlinux.org/T/

1 Like