CMC: Host performance data missing / _HOST_.rrd files no longer updated

CMK version: 2.2.0p18
**OS version: Debian 11

Error message: No historic metrics recorded but performance data is available. Maybe performance data processing is disabled.

Host performance data is no longer updated on this CME site. I see files var/check_mk/rrd/*/HOST.rrd and HOST.info) which stopped being updated in June 2023.

This site was converted from Raw Edition to Managed Edition in early 2023. I remember that the migration of the performance data was rather cumbersome and I’m not sure what mistakes I did.

“Performance data” is enabled in master control. Service performance data is updated. Only the host data seems to be stuck. I just noticed that npcd is still running (on the central site) and that CONFIG_PNP4NAGIOS is ‘on’ on all sites (central site and customer sites). Is that correct?

(I have another problem as well, but that may be another topic: The page “Service graphs of host” doesn’t show graphs, but only aforementioned error. Although the data for the services is there and can be seen by clicking on the yellow graph icon).

With the smart ping of the CMC you do not get host performance data any more.

1 Like

Thanks, @r.sander!

Ok, I removed all _HOST_.* files from var/check_mk/rrd and indeed the blue icons for the host graphs are gone.

But there’s still the link to the page “Host graphs” (in the “Host” menu on the page “Services of host…”).
Without the host performance data, that page shows nothing but the error message, for all of our hosts. Is that the intended behavior for running CMC?