Configuration of RTA-Graphs

Hi all,

I’ve got a question regarding RTA-Graphs.

Out colleague wants to have the RTA-Graphs-Icon displayed for every host in the same folder.
Some hosts got the icon and the graphs, some don’t.

I think it has to do something with the host configuration. Some have their FQDN as Hostname + their IPv4 address configured and they have their graph. But some have also FQDN + IPv4 address configured and they don’t have the graphs.
Some have just “a name” as Hostname but their FQDN as “IPv4 Address” configured and they have their graphs. Some have just their FQDN as hostname and don’t have the graphs. But most hosts with their FQDN as Hostname have the graphs.

I couldn’t find an explanation for this in the docs or werks (or I searched in the wrong places).
I’ve attached a screenshot of the folder. There you can see that just a couple of graph-icons are displayed.

If someone has an idea of how to solve this it would be great!

Best Regards
Scott

Hi @xScottHein
here is what I think it is.

Is this Checkmk Installation a bit older or was it upgraded from RAW to CEE or something similar?

That could be the reason that some host show that icon because in the RAW edition there is no smart ping feature and the host check is done by check_icmp. After the upgrade to a enterprise edition the default host check is done via the smart ping. unfortunately the smart ping won’t give you rtt or packetloss graphs and thus no performance data. But the Checkmk installation still has the old RRD Data for the hosts and that’s the reason the icons are shown.
The easy work around would be to change the host check command for all hosts to check_icmp and not smart ping but remember it could have an impact on the performance of your installation.

I know it’s an older post but maybe you still face that problem :sweat_smile:

Regards
Norm

Hi Norm
I already forgot about this post.
I’ve made a support case and the solution was exactly what you just described!
Thank you anyway!

Best
Scott

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.