Configure Notifications from Remote-Site to Central-Site

Hi all
we have our checkmk monitoring configured as distributed monitoring. We have a central-site in the LAN and a remote-site in the DMZ. The remote-site will be used to monitor Azure resources.

We have pagerduty as our alarming tool and we will need to configure the notifications be sent to the central-site. Can anybody help me where i could configure that?

Many thanks and best regards,
Marc

1 Like

if you use enterprise yes this is possible, otherwise its not :frowning:

Hi Anders

thanks for your feedback. We are using the cloud edition. I had in mind that the cloud edition is close to the enterprise edition. So with that it isn’t possible, right?

Hi Marc,

Cloud Edition is an extended enterprise, so you can use the centralized notifications => Distributed monitoring - Scaling and distributing Checkmk

Gerd

1 Like

Hi Gerd

great to hear, that this is possible and to be configured with the link you provided. I tried to configure it like this. I would like to have the communication from the central site to the remote site and configured it accordingly.

When i checked the file /var/log/mknotifyd.log on the central site this file doesn’t exist. I recognized, that on the site configuration the “Notification Spooler” is not checked. When i check it and save it, it tells me everything is fine but when i go into the site again the checkbox isn’t checked like before:

Am i doing something wrong here or why i don’t have this file?

Thanks for your help.

Best regards,
Marc

Hi @marc.kuhn,

the log file is within the site, so it would be /omd/sites/<sitename>/var/log/mknotifyd.log

I don’t use the appliance often enough, but maybe enabling the notification spooler requires the site to be stopped and the appliance web-ui doesn’t know about that?

Gerd

Hi Gerd

thanks for your help. I still see in the appliance that the notification are visible on the remote site and not on the central site. We will check that point with checkmk again.

Best regards,
Marc

I also have the same issue - maybe it is a bug?