Copy SNMP checks to other host

Hello everyone,
I have two printers (same manufacturer, one newer model and one a bit older) that I want to monitor with checkmk raw edition and snmp. On the newer printer the SNMP-walk works fine and I’ll receive everything I need from service discovery.

Service discovery on the older printer does not really find any interesting informations.
Is there a way to “copy” the snmp objects from the newer printer to the configuration for the older printer? I guess they are the same but snmp walk doesn’t work on the older printer.

Best regards,

Edit: firmware update on the older printer and some configuration changed, now both printers work perfectly fine :slight_smile:

You can use Setup | Services | Other services | Integrate Nagios plugins to make SNMP rules for OID that work on both printers.

Example rule for showing model of my printers:

But apparently, the OIDs differ among your both printers. Maybe due to different firmware or SNMP version.
The docs may provide you with some troubleshooting tips: Monitoring via SNMP - Monitoring of SNMP devices with Checkmk

Alternatively, in the host view of the device, you can download the SNMP walk and open it in text editor to see OIDs and value. Maybe download the SNMP walks of both and compare them regarding the OIDs.

Hi @Yggy,

when running “CMK IIv” via command line on the newer printer I can see that following discovery plugins are applied: “interfaces, mem_used, printer_alerts, printer_input, printer_output, …” and a few more.

On the older printer I can see no printer discovery at all. Only the intefaces, mem_used, snmp_info and uptime are applied. Do you know how to apply them manually?

No, I don’t maybe others have suggestions.