CRE 2.1.0p43 (normal-)agent response on Docker container breaks when upgrading SLE-15-SP5 python3-requests to latest avaiable

CMK version: 2.1.0p43
OS version: SLES15sp5

Error message:
As soon as i update the package (available from repository) python3-requests from version 2.24.0-1.24 to the latest available 2.25.1-150300.3.9.1 CMK starts to moan with alot of ‘Unknown’ notifications:

As soon as i rollback this specific update ( with zypper in --oldpackage python3-requests=2.24.0-1.24) the errors are gone again, and checks are performed/respond correct.

So something has changed as to the output/behaviour.

Any ideas ?
i cannot imagine that i am the only one in the world running into this , so hoping for confirmation(s)

Detailed info after running cmk --debug -vvn host:

pre-upgrade-output.txt (44.5 KB)
post-upgrade-output.txt (17.1 KB)

• Glowsome

If i see it correctly, the problem is on the mk_docker side not inside CMK.
What happens if you run the mk_docker manually after installing the new package?

when i run it manually with the latest package the following output is seen:

./mk_docker.py
<<<docker_node_info:sep(124)>>>
@docker_version_info|{"PluginVersion": "0.1", "DockerPyVersion": "4.2.0"}
<<<docker_node_info:sep(0)>>>
{"Unknown": "Plugin exception in MKDockerClient.__init__: Invalid response from docker daemon: key \"ApiVersion\" is missing."}

As soon as i revert the package output is as expected.

Also … the version of the plugin is same as my CRE version:

__version__ = "2.1.0p43"
  • Glowsome

It looks more like an incompatibility between DockerPy modul and the requests library.
Can you check if there is a newer version of DockerPy available on your system.
My docker nodes have the DockerPyVersion 5.0.3 running.

I have checked everything out, and no updates are available after enabling 2 additional repositories.

• sle-module-containers/15.5/x86_64
  • PackageHub/15.5/x86_64

Some packages regarding docker were updated, but the issue remains unfortunately.

As CRE 2.1.0p44 just came out i have deployed this too ( and the plugin on the client )
This also did not change the behaviour/solve it.

So for now i’ll be running with the older version of python3-requests and investigate further.

• Glowsome

@Glowsome
I had the same issue today on SLES15 SP5.
Same error and same workaround (for me only a temporary solution)
Did you know where DockerPy 4.2.0 is coming from? Is it part of the python3-docker Package?
I thought about opening a ticket at SUSE.

BTW: I’m running CEE 2.2.0p21

Regards Fabian

I have not checked out where/in which package DockerPy is hidden, but most likely its in the python3-docker package.

• Glowsome

Seems a new set of updates has been released for related packages.

have checked the workings, and none of the behaviour seen before has shown up after this update.
So SuSE has fixed the issue we were facing.
packages which were updated:

(1/3) Installing: python3-requests-2.25.1-150300.3.9.1.noarch ............[done]
(2/3) Installing: python311-idna-3.4-150400.11.10.1.noarch ...............[done]
(3/3) Installing: python3-docker-4.2.0-150200.3.5.1.noarch ...............[done]