Create Downtime Host

Hi all,

if check is unkown I want downtime the host with all services, is there a rule ? or I have to do that manually?

thanks in advance

1 Like

automatic is always dangerous 
 I don’t think there is a rule for this I don’t know anything

Greets Bernd

1 Like

I know and you are right, but its a requirement :frowning:

1 Like

I believe you have to create an alert handler for that and that way do it “automatically”.

1 Like

you mean I have to write custom script like: https://checkmk.de/cms_alert_handlers.html

1 Like

That would be my approach, yes.

1 Like

Thank you so much @ricardoftribeiro , Ill test that way :slight_smile:

" Das Scharfschalten des Handlers geht ĂŒber das WATO-Modul Alert handlers ."

I dont see menu point for Alert handlers, is that in EP version ? @ricardoftribeiro

1 Like

Alert handlers are only available in the Checkmk Enterprise Editions.
Try creating a “notification” instead :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

haha Ill try :-):

Noch ein Hinweis fĂŒr Benutzer der Checkmk Raw Edition : Auch Sie können das Monitoring automatisiert Aktionen ausfĂŒhren lassen. Verwenden Sie dazu die „Event Handler“ von Nagios. Konfigurieren Sie diese mit manuellen Konfigurationsdateien in Nagios-Syntax unterhalb von ~/etc/nagios/conf.d/. Die Event Handler sind gut dokumentiert. Hinweise dazu finden Sie durch einfaches Googeln.

1 Like

I was about to post that :slight_smile:

A further tip for Checkmk Raw Edition users: monitoring can also be enabled to execute actions automatically. Use Nagios’s ‘Event Handler’ for this. Configure this with manual configuration files in Nagios-Syntax under ~/etc/nagios/conf.d/. The event handlers are well documented. Information can be found simply via Google.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

your is better in english for other users
 thanks again :slight_smile:

1 Like