Creating mkp - File conflict

Hi,

I’m trying to create a mkp package via commandline and I’m having the following effect. The CheckMk site is newly created. I have copied the files of my extension into local/ and a manifest file to the tmp/ of the site.

Running “mkp package” creates a package, but it immediately tries to install it and the complains that the files are already existing:

Running “mkp find” again does not show the files belonging to the package now. But it has created the package: ~/var/check_mk/packages_local/anypointplatform-1.0.6.mkp

Expected behaviour would be, that a mkp gets created, and the existing files are beeing seen as part of this package.

CheckMk version is 2.2.0p24.cre.

Regards,
Sven

error suggests that you already have file installed on your monitoring instance. you don’t need to copy files in local directory manually. when you install mkp then it will get copied to that location.

I am not installing an existing mkp. I am creating a new mkp, from files that I have placed into the CheckMk instance. Of course I have to put the files into the instance to run “mkp package” to create a new package with them.

mkp files are just a gzip compressed data files. so you can create it from any folders.

you can use tar to unzip existing mkp file to get an idea.

Hi Sven,

i can confirm that in the 2.2.0p24 CCE Edition, looks like a Bug to me.
As a workaround you can use the free Edition and create the mkp in the gui with “Setup - Extension Packages”.

3 Likes

Hi,

ok, I thought I was doing something wrong, so thanks for the confirmation.

I know I can use the free edition to likely work around this, but I was just trying to work solely on the RAW edition, see how what works out. It does not seem to be a super big problem, the mkp gets created and is usable.

I think I’ll have a look at the 2.3 beta and see how to file a bug for this.

Regards,
Sven

2.3.0b4.cre shows same behaviour

Hi Sven,

We are looking into it, thank you for reporting and checking in 2.3!

1 Like

Hi Sven, Hi Andre,

Thanks for bringing this up. It should be fixed with this werk in all versions from 2.2.0p26 onwards.

3 Likes