Custom Notification For alert active more then 1 h

Hello,
I’m trying to configure our monitoring system to send a custom notification to an address A for the alert that are Unhandled for more then 1h. Is it possible?
I want the monitor to send alert when the alert get triggered to a mail B, then to another one (Mail A) after the alert is present for 1h (without getting ACK / Downtime).
Let me know,
Samuele

Hello,
yes this is possible:

1. You have to setup the rules for “Periodic notifications during … problems” (WATO -> Host & Service Parameters).
  2. Create two notifications for this problem and configure the option “Restrict to nth to mth notification”.

That’s it.
Karl

2 Likes

Hello Karl,
thanks for the reply, but I forgot to mention few stuff.
I’m using a Distributed Monitoring Infrastructure, so I should add those notification rules on customer site? Or i should add on our central Check_mk?
Also I want to filter the alert that that are 60mins older by a simple thing, I want to be notify only if the alarm that still there is Critical alarm (not warning) and from what you said I don’t see the label that help me otherwise I get notified by all “remaining alert”. Plus I want that to be a general rule that will be apply to all hosts/services (also the notification).

This depends on your setup: If you use distributed WATO, then you have to setup the rules on the master site. Otherwise on your distributed sites.

You can setup this in your nofitifaction rule:

You have to setup both rules (WATO → Host & Service Parameters):

Karl

1 Like

Hi Karl,
thanks again.
So this is what I’ve done:
Notification settings:

Ruleset settings;
(I can’t post second screenshot)
I just made the ruleset and added this parameter (so is for all host/services)

Enable periodic notifications
Interval:
minutes

So I’m expecting I wont get notify at 1st “Crit” (when the alert appear for the 1st time), but only 60 minutes if the alert still there?
By the Ruleset is on all the hosts (i made same for service).
I am right? Because I wont get notify by the 1st Trigger but only after 60 minutes (if still there).
Let me know.
Samuele

1 Like

Hi Samuele,

that looks good :slight_smile:
Karl

HI Karl,
I’m testing your solutions and give you a feedback asap.
Just one more question, regarding this screenshot:
Checkmk_Local_site_stevanatogroup_-_Edit_notification_rule_0
What exactly this mean, I’m not sure.
Thanks again.

Hi,
if you have rules for “Periodic notifications for … problems” then the 2nd to 24th notification is sent.

Karl

1 Like

Hi karl,
I have to say with the settings that i told u on previous post:
Enable periodic notifications
Interval:
minutes
And the notification settings, I’m not receiving alert how I thinking.
Since I’m receiving even the 1st notification:

Let me know what I should do or edit.

Hi,
please post a screenshot of all of your notifiaction rules.

Karl

Hi Karl,
for my email adress I have only the 1 notification

The others are for different mails / customer.

So once again what I’m expecting is after i have 1 “active alert” for more then 1h it send me the 1st notification to my Mail address ONLY after that time (that is basically what i’ve set on Periodic check).

Hi Samuele,
are you in contact groups? Do you have notifications for this contact groups?

You can try to use “Delay host notifications” and “Delay service notifications”.

Karl

Hello Karl,
I have already delay host&service notification (I use that to avoid spam to my colleague).
But I want to know if is possible:
1)To have custom notification (that send normal alert: cri/warning etc when the alert trigger -> this is already working properly)
2)To have custom notification ( that send the alert ONLY to me after 1h like the image below)!immagine

About the Contact group, I’m not using it i guess.

The goal that I want to reach is simple, I have to make KPI for the alert that are staying “not managed” (critical alert) on WebConsole.
So I need something that notify me if the alert still there or another method.
Let me know if is not clear.
Because whta we did not allow the monitor system to resend notification after 60 mins BUT dont allow the specific Notification that I’ve made to send only afer 1h, but it send istantly.
I’m using check_mk 1.6.0p6 (Raw Edition).

Hello,
have you created a fallback email address?

Karl

No, I didn’t.
Should I create?
But I’m not sure this will affect my Issue to be honest.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.