Customer can't change password in Managed Services Edition (CME)?

CMK version: 2.2.0p12
OS version: Debian 11

Just to make sure that I don’t make some dumb mistake.

In the Manged Services Edition, is it indeed true that a customer user can’t change his password by himself?

When I create a customer account with option “Change password at next login or access”, the customer will get an error “Permission denied” / “User profiles can not be edited (Setup is disabled).” and therefore won’t be able to login at all.

Hi @gregor.hoffleit ,

your customer needs the permission for that. Make sure your customer role got permission to do “Edit the user password → Yes”

Hope this helps!

Regards
Norm

With “customer”, do you mean the customer object for the instance in Checkmk (but this has no roles, has it)?

Or do you mean the user in the customer’s instance (this is what I was talking about with “customer user”). The customer user’s role has permission to “Edit the user password”.

So, sorry, no, it didn’t help :frowning:

Hi @gregor.hoffleit,

with customer, I mean the user of your customer on the site.

Can you try to give a few more permissions like “Edit the user profile”?

I just saw the error message again.

It looks like you are running a Distributed Setup and your customer tries to edit his password on his site, even tough changes are disabled in the Distributed Monitoring.

In this case, I think you can only change the password from the central master site.

Regards
Norm