Dashboard - 2x3 layout with equal screen resizing

Hi folks,

I’m trying to create a 2 column x 3 row dashboard with 6 performance graphs on it. I want to display the network throughput of 6 machines.

My problem is the layout mechanism. When using 2x2 layout, the resizing works perfectly fine, with each element having their anchor in the corresponding outer corner and the grow bars for both directions of all elements set to yellow (“Grow in this direction”). So when resizing the browser, each element will be resized equally and looks fine.

But I’m unable to achive this behaviour for a 2x3 layout. How I must configure the elements (especially the middle ones) so all rows are grow equally when resizing the window vertical?

I want this dashboard to look the same on different screen sizes.

Thank you for your help.

Best Regards

Markus Bloch

and for this I miss the scrollbar`s

Greetz Bernd

1 Like

Hi Bernd,

scrollbar maybe nice but does not work for dashboards in my opinion, as they are intended to be displayed on different devices. Especially when the wall mounted display has a different resolution as my own laptop display. When the dashboard is designed on the big screen it looks good on this particular display, but when I open this dashboard on my laptop, I cannot see anything as some elements are squished together, others are too big. So the same dashboard does not work on my laptop.

On the other side, when designing a dashboard on my laptop, the same dashboard on a big wall screen is too small and does not resize properly.

I hope that there is a different way for this.

Best Regards

Markus

same Problem :wink:

I design for the Wall and on the Laptop I see only Part`s of the Board

and I thing Scrollbars are easyer to integrate as repo design

The problem is that as far as I know there is no way to have a dashboard object without an anchor point. This leads to the fact that your problem can’t be solved yet. I would suggest to have the upper two objects with fixed vertical size and float the rest. If your screen resolutions are very different you will than need more separate Dashboards for them.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.