Debian 11 Perl issues

Hey

One one of my system I have an CheckMK issue with Perl on some checks (SMB Share Check - Cwd.c: loadable library and perl binaries are mismatched (got handshake key 0xce00080, needed 0xed00080))

CheckMK Version: 2.0.0p15 CEE
Debian 11
Perl installed: perl-modules-5.28 / perl-modules-5.32

With “cpan upgrade” I got this isse at the end:
Failed during this command:
XSAWYERX/perl-5.34.0.tar.gz : make NO isa perl

Any ideas?
Greetz
Ovrld

Seems to be a Perl issue, not Checkmk specific. Did you find something on the internet?

What distribution is used and what CMK package is installed?
This is a problem if you have the wrong package installed for your distribution or changed packages like the Perl manually to a version different then the distribution one.

Sorry for the late response - Now I had time to have an view on that issue:

On one of my systems with Debian 11, CheckMK is working fine:

dpkg -l |grep check
ii   check-mk-free-2.0.0p17   0.bullseye   amd64

I upgraded from Buster as well but I can’t remember the way I changed CheckMK

On the other system I have the issues with Debian 11:

dpkg -l |grep check
ii   check-mk-enterprise-2.0.0p17   0.buster   amd64

But I’m not able to upgrade it:

sudo gdebi check-mk-enterprise-2.0.0p17_0.bullseye_amd64.deb
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Reading state information... Done
This package is uninstallable
A later version is already installed

Is there a way to force the upgrade?

Oh my. “buster” is alphabetically later than “bullseye”. Not sure out of my head what the best way would be to solve this issue in package versioning, but one can probably find hints in Debian policy/manuals. @Checkmk_tribe might want to look into these.

You could uninstall the buster package, but to be able to do so you would have to temporarily remove the “version” symlink in your site directory.

Instead I would try to install with apt instead of gdebi and see if that already helps. Or even with dpkg --install check-mk-enterprise-2.0.0p17_0.bullseye_amd64.deb (and clean up failed dependencies later with apt-get -f install without any package name).

1 Like

Thank you for the answer:

apt install libevent-2.1-7 
dpkg --install check-mk-enterprise-2.0.0p17_0.bullseye_amd64.deb

worked for me :slight_smile: Now I have the bullseye version installed and it seems that I haven’t the perl issues anymore.

If I did not misread, I think your last post should be marked as the solution @Overlord, don’t you think?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.