Debian 12 bookworm support

hey, is there any plan when debian 12 aka bookworm gets supported?

7 Likes

i’m also interested on this :wink:

Soonish. Work has started on it, but dev said it’s sort of a bigger task as e.g. lcab doesn’t exist in bookworm anymore

7 Likes

What about gcab?

BTW: i accidentally upgraded one host w/o checking if there is an release for bookworm and currently it all seems fine with check-mk-raw-2.1.0p31. :see_no_evil:

But i guess that .cab mechanism is only needed in licensed versions with the agent bakery?

I did so, too, and had to jump through a lot of burning rings to keep CRE working. There are several perl incompatibilities, so now I have these obsolete packages lingering around (which could theoretically also be installed on a fresh bookworm installation if you download them from packages.debian.org or add the buster distro to your sources.list):

• lcab 1.0b12-7+b1
  • libffi7 3.3-6
  • libldap-2.4-2 2.4.57+dfsg-3+deb11u1
  • libperl5.32 5.32.1-4+deb11u2
  • libssl1.1 1.1.1n-0+deb11u5
  • libtiff5 4.2.0-1+deb11u4
  • libwebp6 0.6.1-2.1+deb11u1
  • perl-modules-5.32 5.32.1-4+deb11u2

I also had to meddle with lib/perl5/lib/perl5 which contained .so files incompatible with other upgraded libs.

Guys I just did something that might interest you.

I went in the archive downloads page, I chose 2.2.0p7 → Raw → Debian → Debian 11 → and I changed the ‘bullseye’ in the link to ‘bookworm’. I carried on and installed it, set up a a site, set up the agent… and it works… All done on the same vm of Debian 12. I have no idea what I just did. it seems to work though.

Keep in mind that I’m new to both linux and checkmk so something might be horribly wrong, staring me in the face, and I wouldn’t know…

Would love your input!

Yes, the packages are available already on the download server for all editions since 2.2.0p7 - but we actually wanted to do some tests before we announce it :slight_smile:

Excuse me for ruining the surprise then! On the flip-side, for what it’s worth, I’m doing my first deployment and you’ve gained a new user. I’m happy with the experience so far.

1 Like

…hacked by script kiddie :rofl:

just kidding @Morpheus :wink: …well done!

2 Likes
2 Likes

No worries mate, you made me laugh <3

1 Like