Disable notifications for just one service on a host

Is it possible to set different notification settings for a specific service on a host?

I have a set of hosts that are monitored where both I and the host owners are notified by check_mk. I recently added a service check that could result in a lot of noisy notifications that the host owners can’t do anything about. What I’d like to do is go and disable notifications for the site owner contact group, but leave it on for myself. Is this possible?

Yes but then all the notifications for this service is disabled :wink:

If the owner contact group should stay as contact entry on this service, you can define a cancel notification rule what matches only this service.
It’s a little bit difficult to describe Notifications - via Email, SMS, ticket system and more

Yes but then all the notifications for this service is disabled

I think this would be ok. Each of these service checks is individual (ie: it’s a ping check to a particular IP on their network, with the check script dropped into the ‘local’ folder, and the checks show up as “pingcheck_192.168.1.1” with a different IP on each site, so assuming that each name of ‘pingcheck_xxxx’ equates to a different service as far as CMK is concerned, that’s ok.

I’ll have a look at the cancel notification rules as well.

Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.