Disable ping check, which is in Crit state

CMK version: 2.1.0p33
OS version: CentOS 7.9

hello!

Current situation is that the node is not reachable with ping. I still want to see the node in the dashboard, but want to get rid of the ping Critical state.

So I configured the following properties:

I created a rule Setup>Hosts>Host monitoring rules>Host Check Command that the host is always UP:

I created a rule Setup>Services>HTTP, TCP, Email, …>Check hosts with PING (ICMP Echo Request):

which leads now to the following status:

but still, how can I get rid of the ping Crit state, is there a way?

any help is appreciated. Thank you!

Feels like you have made a logical error here:
Host labels value has not seems to conflict with your Explicit hosts values. Maybe negate the Explicit hosts?

Personally I would use rule Setup > Services > Service monitoring rules > Enable/disable active checks for services instead.
Set it to disable, set host label and specify service(s).

thank you for the idea.
So I gave it a try and removed the rule in Setup>Services>HTTP, TCP, Email, …>Check hosts with PING (ICMP Echo Request

and created as you advised a new rule in Setup > Service Monitoring rules > Enable/Disable active checks for service:

but unfortunately i still shows the same situation.

I tested just now in my network, and although the rule is matched, I don’t get it to work with PING either. Probably should have tested it first, before posting it.

There’s a rule to do state translate for hosts and services, change states from CRIT to OK or whatever you like, but this rule is not available in RAW what I’m using.
Maybe you can try if that works instead?

Otherwise, no clue for the moment.

This lonely PING check is always configured automatically when the host will not have any other service checks.

As soon as the host gets another service check (active or passive, e.g. via agent) the PING check will vanish.

2 Likes

if that is the case thanks then for the explanation