Discuss the Checkmk 2021 Conference agenda

Hey Simon,
good idea.

Workshops are limited in number of participants (e.g. 6-10), thus allow for a “learning atmosphere”, where people can try sth. out as well and ask many questions. A ideal topic is any coding and implementation workshop.

Tech Session is a session, where we go in-depth into a specific topic - typically with a presentation + demo. That’s why I initially thought about 90min. This allows to go into detail and enough time to ask questions around it. There is no limit on attending participants in these session.

When I for example think about End-2-End Monitoring.
If you would do a workshop, you would go in detail in how to implement End-2-End Monitoring with Robotmk + how to write tests and monitor these then. Participants could in the workshops follow your instruction and write own tests to monitor f.e. a website.
After the workshop, each participant should be able to set-up Robotmk and conduct E2E monitoring.
If you would do a tech session, then you would showcase E2E Monitoring with Robotmk with some theory and then some use case demonstrations. Participants would after the session understand the concepts and would be interested in trying it out themselves in a D-I-Y manner.
:slight_smile:

2 Likes