Discuss the Checkmk 2021 Conference agenda

Joining the discussion a little late, but just found this. I’m not sure what distinguishes a “tech session” from a “workshop” but here are some ideas I’d like to see covered:

• RobotMK - This would be huge for me. Currently, we use an old Nagios “classic” plugin called HolyGhost (GitHub - m-kraus/HolyGhost: HolyGhost is a plugin for nagios and similar monitoring tools like icinga, naemon or shinken.) that uses PhantomJS scripts… it mostly works, but it is a bit kludgy to setup and maintain.
  • View creation. I get generally how you’re supposed to do it and why… but mine always end up looking terrible or don’t get me the info I want. Maybe a session to create some different overview views… some that show a high level overview for management and others that you can dig down into the details.
  • plugin development
  • reporting (nothing specific – just always looking for better ideas than I’ve come up with)
  • event console - I struggle with it in general… but specifically with how to get it to correctly interpret various syslog, snmp traps, etc. from different OS’s (Linux syslog, vmware syslog, cisco syslog and snmp traps, arista, etc.). It’s basically trial and error (more error) for me… is there a better way?
  • BI Aggregate creation - again… basically trial and error (with lots of errors). It would be great if in the future this became more graphical/intuitive.

Last year’s conference was my first (because it was virtual). I did not enjoy the 2:30AM wake-up, but would like to attend this year anyway!

Any swag pack for those of us in the US this year?!

Yes! We also changed the timing of the conference a bit to also accommodate for people on the other side of the ocean. The presentations, which were always considered as important by conference participants, are all in the afternoon (CET) / morning (EST). If you want to attend a workshop, it will still be a pain for you - sorry for that already.

Then please also give your vote here.
https://forum.checkmk.com/t/vote-choose-your-workshops-at-the-checkmk-2021-conference

I think the current plan for the agenda covers most of your ideas.

When will the workshop schedule be finalized and posted? I’d like to know before signing up for standard or premium since they’ll be occurring before 8AM local time. I’m most interested in the “monitoring business processes, events, and alarming” one.

Hi Lance!
All the workshops will be for 4 hours, from 09:00-13:00 CEST.

Will they be in english or german? Or will there be a real-time translator at least?

In English or German, depends on the one which you choose.